It's back! We're hosting the Because of Bethlehem Online Bible Study for Christmas 2017, but registration is at Study Gateway this year. When you sign up you'll receive access to 4 free study videos with Max Lucado, the Let Your Light Shine Advent Toolkit, and a 25-Day Scripture Reading Plan counting down to Christmas. Go there now to register and learn more...
Join the Because of Bethlehem Online Bible Study with Max Lucado at FaithGateway
Make this a Christmas you will never forget with this four-week Advent study!
Advent is a season of preparation because it is also a season of anticipation— a glorious gift is coming soon and we want to be ready to receive it! Join Max Lucado in this four-week online Bible study and discover the enduring promises of Christmas and a lifetime of hope because of one baby born in Bethlehem. This online Bible study will take place between November 27 - December 24, 2016! Like all our online Bible studies, you can participate at your own pace, watch the videos when you want, and work this study into your schedule! When you register today you will get access to all four study videos with Max and the "Let Your Light Shine" Advent toolkit!
Sign up TODAY to receive the BONUS downloads: "Let Your Light Shine" Advent toolkit and 25 Days of Christmas Scriptures
Free Resources with this Study
- FREE access to 4 online study videos with Max Lucado
- FREE session 1 study guide for Because of Bethlehem and chapters 1-2 of the book
- FREE "Let Your Light Shine" Advent toolkit
- 25 Scriptures for Daily Advent readings - FREE Printable
4 Reasons to Sign Up
- You long for Christmas to be more meaningful this year – more than just the parties and food and gifts – and don’t want to get lost in the busyness and pressures of the season.
- You want to share the Christ of Christmas with friends and family. This study seems like the perfect opportunity to open the door to conversations with others about Jesus!
- You need encouragement. Christmas this year is a season of sadness, lost hope, and disappointment, and you’re looking for community and a place to express your feelings and find prayer partners.
- You love Advent, and look forward to it as a time to spend in reflection and prayer to prepare yourself spiritually for Christmas. This study will help you deepen your spiritual practice in the four weeks leading up to Christmas.
About the Because of Bethlehem Study
A remarkable gift can arrive in an unremarkable package. One did in Bethlehem more than 2,000 years ago. No one expected God to come the way he did. Yet the way he came was every bit as important as the coming itself. The manger is the message. In this four-session video Bible study, Max Lucado will help YOU explore how the One who made everything chose to make himself nothing for us. He experienced hunger and thirst. He went through the stages of human development. He was taught to walk, stand, and wash his face. He was completely and genuinely human. Because of Bethlehem, we no longer have marks on our record . . . just grace. We have the promise that God is always near us, always for us, always within us—and that we have a friend and Savior in heaven. Long after the guests have left, the carolers have gone home, and the lights have come down, these promises endure.
The Because of Bethlehem Study includes video discussion questions, Bible exploration, and personal study and reflection materials for the Advent season.
This study is just four weeks long and the videos with Max will be available week-by-week for FREE on FaithGateway
Week One (November 27 - December 3): God Has a Face
Week Two (December 4 - 10): Worship Works Wonders
Week Three (December 11 - 17): God Guides the Wise
Week Four (December 18 - 24): Every Heart a Manger
Meet Your Study Teacher: Max Lucado
Max Lucado is a preacher with a storyteller’s gift — a pastor’s heart and a poet’s pen.
Max’s message is simple: God loves you; let him. Max serves the people of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he has been on staff since 1988. He preaches and writes to the hurting, the guilty, the lonely, the discouraged.
That message has traveled around the world in more than 54 languages via more than 120 million individual products. Most of these products are books (92 million), which have occupied spots on every major national bestseller list. Over the years Max Lucado has been featured in countless national media outlets, dubbed “America’s Pastor” by Reader’s Digest, and named one of the most influential leaders in social media by The New York Times.
Because of Bethlehem is his newest book and video Bible study.